Green Dream Tours was a great way to spend the day. We couldn’t find Alcatraz tickets, so we booked this tour and it far exceeded our expectations. We had an amazing time on the tour. We loved Cline and ended up buying a case of wine. Our tour guide Dillion really made the entire trip. Read more
Combo Tour of Alcatraz and Sonoma Valley
Adult from $179.99
Combine Wine Country & Alcatraz
Includes Free Time at Fisherman’s Wharf
Visit Top Wineries in Sonoma & Experience the Thrill of Alcatraz!
This tour is perfect for anyone looking to fill their day with a fun and interesting mix of activities. Enjoy a relaxed morning touring and tasting at two Sonoma wineries, explore freely and have lunch at the popular Fisherman’s Wharf then end your day with a thrill by taking the official tour of Alcatraz Island.
Combine the elegance of a wine country tour with the fun and excitement of Alcatraz!
Visit two boutique wineries in Sonoma and enjoy a generous tasting session at each
Meet passionate winemakers and learn about their processes and techniques
Have some fun and a thrill taking the OFFICIAL Alcatraz tour
Enjoy free time for lunch and exploring at the iconic Fisherman's Wharf
Travel in a small, friendly group on board luxury transport
Click the Tabs for More Details
Current Pricing Valid Through 12/31/2020
Weekdays (Monday through Thursday)
- Adult: $179.99 per person
- Youth (under 21): $159.99 per person
Weekends (Friday through Sunday)
- Adult: $189.99 per person
- Youth (under 21): $169.99 per person
Please note that the prices shown are average prices. They may increase or decrease slightly depending on the season or date. Here is a full range of the prices for this tour:
• Adult: $169 – $189
• Senior: $169 – $189
• Military/Hostel: $169 – $189
• Youth (under 21): $149 – $169
There are two meeting points for this tour:
Morning wine tour: 1300 Columbus Avenue
Afternoon Alcatraz Tour: Pier 33
• Meet us outside at the white curb passenger loading zone on the northeast corner of North Point Street and Columbus Avenue at 8:30 am.
• As the wine tour concludes, your guide will drop you off at Fisherman’s Wharf where you will have free time for lunch and a little sightseeing. It will then be your own responsibility to get yourself to Pier 33 at 3:15 pm for the Alcatraz tour.
• Fisherman’s Wharf to Pier 33 is a 15 minute walk/5 minute drive.
May to October
Full-day tour, finishing at approx. 6:50 pm
Included in Tour:
|A visit to two Sonoma wineries with tastings at each (all fees included)||Tips for your guide|
|Tickets for the official Alcatraz tour (value $39.90)||Lunch*|
|Photo stop at the Golden Gate Bridge|
|A visit to Fisherman’s Wharf at lunchtime|
|Lively narrative on San Francisco history, neighborhoods and wine country|
|Pick-up and drop-off at Fisherman’s Wharf|
|Complimentary water, gum, mints and suntan lotion|
*We’ll stop at Fisherman’s Wharf at lunchtime, which is full of great lunch options including vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options.
Schedule for the Day
8:30-8:45 am: Meet at the pick-up point (1300 Columbus Avenue at North Point Street Holiday Inn) at 8:30. Departure at 8:45 sharp
9:00-9:15 am: Photo stop at the Golden Gate Bridge
9:15-10:00 am: Drive out to Wine Country
10:00-10:45 am: First tasting at Cline Cellars
11:00-11:45 am: Second tasting at Homewood Winery
11:45-12:45 pm: Drive back to San Francisco and arrive to Fisherman’s Wharf
12:45-2:45 pm: Guide departure and free time at Fisherman’s Wharf for lunch and additional sightseeing if desired/time permitting
2:45-3:15 pm: Walk, taxi or pedicab to Pier 33 for Alcatraz Tour check-in
3:50 pm Tour boat departs for Alcatraz Island
4:10-6:30 pm: Arrival on the island, tour island and inside Alcatraz
6:30*-6:50 pm: Boat departs Alcatraz island and returns to Pier 33 where the tour concludes
*Should you want to return to San Francisco earlier you can get on any return ferry.
Good to Know
• It will be your own responsibility to get yourself to Pier 33 at 3:15 pm for check-in for the Alcatraz tour.
• Take advantage of the fantastic wineries and buy a few bottles! Our vehicles can accommodate your purchases or the wineries can ship your bottles home.
• Remember to eat a filling breakfast before coming on the tour since there aren’t any food or coffee stops on the way to wine country.
• Be sure to bring a valid ID — the legal drinking in the US is 21.
• Wear layers and consider bringing a hat, shorts and sunglasses.
• Don’t forget to tip your guide! If you’ve had a great day with us, a tip of 15-20% is customary and very much appreciated.
The Wineries You'll Visit
Please note that times and wineries are subject to change.
Cline Cellars resides on an impressive 350-acre ranch in the famed Carneros Valley. There are exotic birds, fish ponds, miniature horses and even a museum of the missions of California. Their stunning estate is not just easy on the eyes, it’s also 100% solar-powered and focuses on producing high-quality, Rhone-style and Zinfandel wines. Read more about Cline Cellars here.
Homewood Winery is a true down-home experience. It’s a quaint and friendly micro-winery nestled in the heart of the Carneros region, producing about 1000 cases each year. With luck, you’ll get to meet the owner, Dave, and hear about his passion for the vine and how he learned and grew within the industry from simple home winemaker to cellar proprietor to produce his beloved wines.
The Official Alcatraz Tour
No trip to San Francisco is complete without a fun and thrilling tour of the infamous Alcatraz Island! This is the official Alcatraz tour, which includes a boat ride to and from the island, a full audio tour available in 11 languages (of both the outside and inside of the prison) and of course stunning views of the island, San Francisco skyline and the Golden Gate and Bay Bridges.
Read What Our Guests Love About Us!
Dillon (our guide) was not only cool and fun, he was educated, witty, had singing talents and a music playlist that anyone would love. He also was a walking encyclopedia of San Francisco history – bonus. Read more
The whole tour from pick-up to drop-off lasted 7 hours. They took care of everything (transportation, wine tasting fees, and lunch). If you’re looking to spend a memorable day in wine country, give the Green Dream team a holler. Read more